I picked up this cute dresser from Kijiji. A wonderful gentleman named Carlo was selling it for his elderly next door neighbour. It was the first piece I had the opportunity to try Annie Sloan’s new (at the time) Oxford Navy.
My thoughts: I really like it but I find it really dark. I do love it though if you’re looking for a deep, rich, navy blue.
- Annie Sloan chalk paint in Oxford Navy
- Annie Sloan clear wax
- I am not a fan of mirrors. I find that most people don’t want them and they are dreadful to stage! This frame was missing the mirrored glass so I was able to leave it with the seller.
- I knew that I wanted to change the hardware but not sure to what. The majority of the time I fill holes on a piece so that I have the option of using whatever hardware I want. Worse comes to worse and I find hardware using the same holes, I can just drill the holes again. For more information on how to fill holes, click here.
- This colour only needed two coats. Always a wonderful surprise!
- Next step, apply Annie Sloan’s clear wax.
- Install hardware. For some tips on installing your hardware, click here.
- The piece felt really dark after I painted it and installed the handles, so I lined the drawer with this drawer liner I got from Home Depot.
- Here’s the finished product!